This is one from the deep corner of the vaults: a list of cues to help you face the fact that you are marinating in FLG culture. But don’t fret: there are a LOT of us, and we’re here to support each other.
…and WHY would we post/admit this sort of thing RIGHT as we’re about to leap head-on into a build season? Well, we’re realistic. Enjoy.
You Know You Are A Flaming Lotus Girl When….
* You rarely know what day of the week it is.
* All of your personal tools have florescent pink duct tape on them.
* When you unload the washing machine you find plumbing fittings.
* There’s a black ring in your bathtub.
* You keep finding new places to put a Flaming Lotus sticker.
* You have a stack of yet-un-reimbursed receipts for any of the following: McMaster-Carr, McTier Supply, Meeder Equipment, Praxair, Home Depot, Center Hardware, Airgas, Jameco
* You know what VHT and VST stand for.
* You never seem to have a lighter, but you always have a Sharpie.
* You have at least one other catchy name for what “FLG” stands for.
* Your screensaver is pyro art.
* You have stated at least once that you will “NEVER work with the FLG again!”
by Colinne, 9/26/06
Posted by Flaming Lotus Girls on March 20, 2013
image: Jake Bjeldanes
We are very happy to learn that our 2013 Burning Man submission was accepted! Xylophage will be the latest addition to our metal menagerie. The sculpture is a scene of destruction and rebirth, centered around an enormous tree stump, a flush of mushrooms growing from its decaying form. Models are being finished right now, so we can play with layout and positioning. Parabolas are being calculated for mushroom caps, focusing sound, playing with Doppler effects and eccentric rotation… all while showcasing our metal fabrication skills, lighting techniques, and **wooo** new fire effects!
Check out our new piece of pretty here: Xylophage
Things are about to get familiarly BUSY around the metal shop… !
Posted by Flaming Lotus Girls on March 15, 2013
By popular demand, we have JUST released a brand-new 2013 calendar. This 2-sided, full color poster features Soma on the Jan-June side, and Tympani Lambada on the July-Dec side. And our new calendar is about the same size as our 2011-2012 version — you’ve already got a perfect space on your wall for it!
Soma going full tilt; Tympani’s Cochlea shooting a pillar of fire up your wall.
We’re gearing up for a full year of creating some amazing work. Just last night we were in the shop experimenting with ways to manipulate fire into shapes and patterns that physics would surely take issue with. We’re still developing and fine-tuning the ideas for our next big piece, and we’re negotiating where to bring our art next.
Support us in sharing our work, AND gussy your wall up!
Buy 1 FLG Calendar for $10:
Or do yourself and friends a favor and buy 6 FLG calendars 6 for $50:
We appreciate your support, and we can’t wait to announce what’s coming next!
Posted by Flaming Lotus Girls on November 19, 2012